Autobiography[edit | edit source]
Hello! My name is Alexis Pascaris and I recently earned my Master of Science degree in Environmental & Energy Policy from Michigan Technological University (MTU). I hold a B.S. in Environmental Studies & Sustainability from Michigan State University with a concentration in Environmental Economics. During my graduate experience at MTU, I served as a Research Assistant for Michigan Tech's Open Source Sustainability Technology Lab under the guidance of Dr. Joshua Pearce in the Department of Materials Science & Engineering. Our team applied both quantitative and qualitative research methods to investigate the technical, economic, environmental, and social feasibility of a new agrivoltaic concept: Dual-Use Photovoltaic and Pasture-Raised Rabbit Farms. I was also fortunate enough to be among the first MTU Huskies to attend the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change in fall of 2019. Prior to graduate school, I held an internship at the Michigan Environmental Council in Lansing, Michigan, working to drive the environmental agenda through innovative policy solutions. Beyond graduate school, I intend to use my research skillset, knowledge about low-impact solar development, and passion for environmental stewardship to support communities in realizing their renewable energy goals. It is my vocation to be of service in solving our world's most pressing environmental challenges.
Research Interests[edit | edit source]
- Renewable Energy (Solar Photovoltaics)
- Land Use Policy and Regional Planning
- Community Solar Development
- Climate Law & Governance
- Land Conservation
- Natural Resource Management
Publications[edit | edit source]
- Pascaris, A. S. (2021). Examining Existing Policy to Inform A Comprehensive Legal Framework for Agrivoltaics in the U.S. In review
- Pascaris, A.S., Schelly, C., Rouleau, M., & Pearce, J.M. (2021). Assessing Changes in Support for Alternative Solar Development Types: A Survey on Public Perceptions About Agrivoltaics . To be published
- Pascaris, A.S., Handler, R.M., Schelly, C., & Pearce, J.M. (2021). Life Cycle Assessment of Pasture-Based Agrivoltaic Systems: Synergies & Sustainability. In review
- Pascaris, A. S., Schelly, C., Burnham, L., Pearce, J. M. (2021). Integrating solar energy with agriculture: Industry perspectives on the market, community, and socio-political dimensions of agrivoltaics. Energy Research & Social Science, 72.
- Pascaris, A. S., Schelly, C., & Pearce, J. M. (2020). A First Investigation of Agriculture Sector Perspectives on the Opportunities and Barriers for Agrivoltaics. Agronomy, 10(12), 1885.
- Pascaris, A. S., & Pearce, J. M. (2020). Greenhouse Gas Emission Bottlenecks: Prioritization of Targets for Climate Liability. Energies, 13(15), 3932.
Completed Courses at Michigan Technological University[edit | edit source]
- Advanced Seminar in Energy & Climate Policy: SS6100
- Environmental Policy Analysis: SS5350
- Solar Photovoltaic Technology: MSE5490
- Climate Science & Policy: UN5400
- Environmental & Natural Resource Policy: SS5300
- Social Statistics: SS5004
- Sustainable Futures 1: ENG5510
- Research Design: SS6002
- Professional Development: SS5950