This template is a meta template: a template used for building other templates. It's not meant to be used directly in content pages. Infoboxes promise to greatly simplify the wikitext and template landscape of Appropedia by taking over several important and complex functionalities. Among them:
- Store and display meta data
- Help users discover related content
- Set semantic properties
- Handle categorization
- Inform editors of key missing information
This is an advanced template used throughout the entire site. For that reason it's protected and only admins can edit it. Before modifying it, you should be familiar with templates in general, with the way this template is used on existing infoboxes and with the current conventions in the infobox design:
- If a parameter is not given, no information should be inferred or displayed. An empty infobox call should yield an empty infobox.
- Parameter names should closely match property names, for example the parameter
imageand the Property:Image, the parameter
made-inand Property:Made in, and the parameter
authorsand the Property:Author.