We continue to develop resources related to the COVID-19 pandemic. See COVID-19 initiatives on Appropedia for more information.
Question for Lonny
Should this page also be under the AT category?
--Kinzer 20:01, 10 June 2006 (PDT)
This project should probably go under a few other categories, such as:
and eventually should be listed in the List_of_Projects
I am undecided about putting this project in Category:Parras AT. I like the idea of all of those Parras AT pages following a similar format... Maybe a Parras Projects category is in order. What do you think?
--Lonny 12:03, 11 June 2006 (PDT)
Ahh, my mistake. I was refering to Category:Appropriate Technology. I still am not sure if that would be correct since it seems to be an encyclopedic collection of topics, not really intended for projects. Parras AT is for already implemented stuff that we encounter here, correct?
If the projects have no other proper place, then I would agree Category:Parras Projects might be helpful for clarity. One concern would be how to manage projects from year to year. Category:Parras Projects [2006|2007|2008|etc..] would make it clear but might introduce unwanted redundancy (although it would be easy to alias ongoing projects, no?).
And one more question about talk layout conventions. Is it preferable to have flat conversations, or to indent replies? For example, this would be indented to indicate my response, and yours would probably be indented from the original as well.
--Kinzer 12:27, 11 June 2006 (PDT)
- I think that indenting is usually convention.
- I just changed List_of_Projects to Category:Project. I think that that makes much more sense, and now feel free to add your page to Category:Projects whenever you want. In addition, feel free to follow the format on that page (template in the edit window) to add your project to the photo linked list (instead of just the text linked articles).
- The name of your page must be changed to something like Parras Solar Distiller, or even better UTC solar distiller. I hope for many more solar distillers to be built and described on appropedia, and they can all be in the category Solar distillation. If you would like help with this process, or would like to discuss it further, please just let me know.
- As far as the Parras Projects page goes - I think that it can follow a similar format as the Category:Projects page currently follows. What do you think? I also like the idea of some type of automatic date sorting as I think you are eluding to.
- Thank you, --Lonny 19:48, 11 June 2006 (PDT)