Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Alliance for Sustainability Leadership in Education
The Alliance for Sustainability Leadership in Education (EAUC) is a British NGO that helps higher education institutions operate in a more sustainable way, and drive innovations in sustainability. Founded in 1996, the organization represents more than 2 million students as of 2020.
Climate Emergency Letter
Together with Second Nature and UN Environment’s Youth and Education Alliance, the EUAC organized a Climate Emergency Letter which was signed by networks representing 7000 higher education institutions, and released on 10 July 2019.
The EUAC delivers the Sustainability Exchange, a platform for combining resources and experiences, which claims to be "the number one resource for sustainability in education".
The EUAC keeps track of sustainability commitments of universities and colleges, including commitments towards reaching carbon neutrality by 2050 as mandated by the Climate Change Act 2008. The list of commitments covers about 200 institutions in six categories:
- Carbon Neutral Target
- Declaration of Climate Emergency
- SDG Accord
- Sustainability Reporting
- Sustainability Leadership Scorecard
- Ethical Investment
- "What We Do". EAUC. Retrieved 2020-02-07.
- "Networks of 7,000 universities declare climate emergency". University World News. 2019-07-10. Retrieved 2020-02-07.
- "Global Universities and Colleges for the Climate". SDG Accord. 2018-07-13. Retrieved 2020-02-07.
- "About". Sustainability Exchange. Retrieved 2020-02-07.
- "Sustainability Commitments". EAUC. 2020-01-17. Retrieved 2020-02-07.