1 . Preamble
A Memorandum of Understanding is a legal document describing a bilateral or multilateral agreement between parties. It expresses a convergence of will between the parties, indicating an intended common line of action and may not imply a legal commitment. - www.wikipedia.org, referenced 13 August 2007
This Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) forms the basis of a voluntary strategic partnership between partner name and Appropedia established to better achieve the strategic aims of each organisation.
This MoU is not a contractual document and does not impose any legal obligation on either party. The overall relationship described by this MoU is a voluntary arrangement, intended to provide benefits for both parties and for society. This MoU is independent of agreements signed between partner name or its international affiliates, and either Appropedia or the Open Sustainability Network.
2 . Organisations
The Appropedia Foundation is a California-based NGO supporting an international community (reg details... , purpose and other information that helps develop an understanding of what Appropedia is)
2.2 partner name
partner name is a (registration, information that is similar to that given in 2.1 for comparison purposes)
3. Initial areas for collaboration
The aim of this voluntary strategic partnership in general terms is to...
Specific objectives are as follows:
- To provide more opportunities for...
- To seek opportunities to share expertise, particularly in...
- To seek funding and in-kind support for collaboration on mutually beneficial projects and to seek to ensure that funds donated to one party is not to the detriment of the other...
- To share information of events, publications and activities of interest to the organisations and their stakeholders...
- To consider additional specific projects where collaboration may be effective and efficient (e.g.: ...).
This memorandum of undestanding stands for a period of N years from date. It will be reviewed annually by each party or as required. Either party can cancel this MoU by giving 30 days notice to the other party.
6. Published Materials
This is an open document. Each organisation will be able to clearly state and acknowledge this document to donors, members and other stakeholders. Such communications should be checked by the other party wherever possible.
This MoU reflects the common understanding of the following parties:
(names & titles of heads of respective organizations)
Date: Date: Date:
1. Agreement for Specific Collaboration on...
- Based on Memorandum of Understanding between EWB-UK and RedR UK
- A similar template can be used for MoUs for the Open Sustainability Network.