We continue to develop resources related to the COVID-19 pandemic. See COVID-19 initiatives on Appropedia for more information.
Appropedia provides services that help governments, governments, specific government agencies and all with an interest in government, to perform their work more effectively.
Appropedia as a community is non-political and non-partisan but we welcome all in working together on solutions to the challenge our world faces.
Some specific ways Appropedia can be valuable to governments:
- Development of policies. See the introduction at Green development policy wiki and guidelines at Appropedia:Development of policies and manuals.
- Promote knowledge sharing in and by governments: Governments and knowledge sharing. Some of Appropedia's administrators have been active in promoting the use of open Creative Commons licenses, and will increasingly promote these for use by governments.
- New and effective methodologies in education - see Appropedia:Service learning
- A growing resource on policy information - now in its early stages at Category:Policies
- The Appropedia Foundation is a non-profit organization (tax-exempt in the USA) and is non-political in the sense of being non-partisan and not supporting specific parties or candidates in an election. See Appropedia:Political campaign prohibition.
- The open Creative Commons options are CC-BY, CC-BY-SA, and CC Zero. We strongly advise not using a license with a non-commercial clause or no derivatives clause as these prevent valid and important uses.