Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Appropedia:Fundraising for your project
I'd like to suggest that pages created for the purposes of fundraising are not fitting the purpose of Appropedia.
I think we should make it more explicit what is and what is not appropriate behaviour here:
Maybe something along these lines:
- Describing a project, ambition, how-to, thought, etc, even if it isn't complete or totally thought out.
- Using Appropedia to test out a (relevant) wiki idea
- Using the space to discuss, get feedback and get better at ideas, creating wikis and so on.
- Discussing or explaining how to do fundraising or how to get funds
- Linking to sites which explain projects and ask for funds
- Asking for funds
- Specifically starting pages to get or ask for funds from Appropedia readers and editors
- Demanding funds from Appropedia, editors or anyone else
- Disrespecting the Appropedia foundation by indicating that your time here is only temporary and when you have raised enough money you will go elsewhere. It might be true, but be nicer than that.
Joeturner 01:07, 7 March 2013 (PST)
- This is a proposed Appropedia guideline. You can , or discuss it on the talk page or at the Appropedia policy discussion page.
- For now, this should be considered an essay by one or more Appropedians, and not as a policy or guideline.