We're building resources on making ICT more accessible, and we're putting this together info at Appropedia on ICT4D - see the Category:ICT4D:
Suggested pages[edit source]
- Mesh network
- DIY parabolic antenna (with wok and... see Google:wajan+bolic)
- DIY aerial (from Pringles tin or similar)
- Connected village (techniques to provide affordable internet to a relatively isolated village. such as a low cost transmitter from a phone line in a connected town, pointed at an antenna in a tree at the receiving collage, as implemented by the Jhai Foundation)
- Connected remote classroom (using low cost connection tech, offline resources, appropriate pedagogy...)
- Low cost Linux desktop computers - overview page which can link to the the relevant pages on hardware and software... start with Low cost computer guide)
- Offline content distribution
Potential partners and networks[edit source]
- Joy Tang & OneVillage Foundation
- Various EWB organizations and similar.
- IPID (The International Network for Post Graduate Students in the Area of ICT4D)
- Chriswaterguy has contacted Ismael Peña-López - (will ask to help contact ICTD.at collective, Christian Kreutz, Pablo Arribas, others)
- KM4Dev community
- Web2forDev LinkedIn
- Green IT group at Queens.
- Teemu Leinonen & Jurgen (#ecosan guy), via FB
contact: http://twitter.com/IICD (left note on FB page)
http://www.linkedin.com/ppl/webprofile?vmi=&id=4259195&pvs=pp&authToken=RXsq&authType=name&locale=en_US&trk=ppro_viewmore&lnk=vw_pprofile (he added me?)...
- Can we find academics or postgraduate students doing a project on collaboration or knowledge sharing in this area? They are likely to be interested in Appropedia and in this project in particular. (This helps increase exposure, but won't necessarily lead directly to involvement.)
- Can we write or co-write a paper for a journal, e.g. IJSLE?
Promotional material[edit source]
Make leaflets and/or posters to distribute:
- To interested students and academics. Through classes, student organizations and especially at Orientation Week (or Freshers' Week) at college/university.
- at #Relevant events
Relevant events[edit source]
Can we provide a paper/speaker/poster/leaflets for these events?