Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
- This is a proposed Appropedia policy. You can , or discuss it on the talk page or at the Appropedia policy discussion page.
- For now, this should be considered an essay by one or more Appropedians, and not as a policy or guideline.
- Note - the idea of having two types of admin is only my idea at this stage. Please comment. --Chriswaterguy 16:04, 12 February 2009 (UTC)
- Any registered user can nominate a user for adminship - either another user, or themselves.
- Specify: Visiting admin or community admin?
- A guest or visiting admin (we need a better name for this) has experience with wikis, but is either still learning some details, or is not highly active with the Appropedia (not editing most days). This is a lower threshold, as some potentially controversial or disruptive powers are withheld.
- A community admin is experienced with wikis and also very involved in the Appropedia community, and has additional "powers" - in particular:
- to delete pages (except in a case of blatant vandalism, where the only edits are vandalism or reverts of vandalism - i.e. there is no content of value anywhere in the history).
- restore pages.
- to block users in anything other than a case of blatant vandalism.
- The nomination is made at Appropedia:Administrators/Nominations. Registered users may make comments, each preceded with Approve, Reject or Neutral.
- The person nominated must accept the nomination.
- The nomination is announced in a more visible place, e.g. at the Village pump.
- Consensus is required.
- A "last resort" power by the founder (or co-founders?) serves as backup - including the ability to "de-sysop" or reject a nomination. This may never be used, but is an important safeguard against vote fraud (through sock-puppets, meat-puppets or other means) and against any other trends which are not consistent with Appropedia's mission and vision.