Appropedia needs your support - Please Donate Today
A makerspace (also known as a hackerspace, hackspace, hacklab, or creative space) is a community operated place where people can work on projects. These projects benefit from sharing tools, space and the cross-fertilization of ideas.
- BucketworksW in Milwaukee
- c-baseW in Berlin
- The Cowtown Computer CongressW in Kansas City
- KiberpipaW in Ljubljana
- HacDCW in Washington, DC
- Hacker DojoW in Mountain View
- MetalabW in Vienna
- NoisebridgeW in San Francisco
- NYC ResistorW in New York City
- Pumping Station OneW in Chicago
- TOG (hackerspace)W in Dublin
- Hackerspaces.org includes a comprehensive international directory of hackerspaces
- The Hackspace Foundation
- Hackerspaces, Members And Involvement (Survey study results)
- An article about the combination potential of STEM education and Makerspaces
- Musgrove, Mike. Where tinkerers take control of technology. The Washington Post. April 19, 2009.
- Tweney, Dylan. DIY Freaks Flock to ‘Hacker Spaces’ Worldwide. Wired Magazine. March 29, 2009.
- Antonelli, Lenny and Walsh, Jason. Hackers seek physical space outside the virtual world. The Irish Times Fri 04 Apr 2009.