Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Name: Jack Ekin
- Physicist: Conducted solar-hot-water heat exchanger and collector design for Novan Energy in late 70's, early 80's. Preliminary work with NREL on energy efficient building design. Carried out low temperature materials and superconductor research at the National Institute of Standards and Technology, Boulder, CO. Wrote text book: Experimental Techniques for Low Temperature Measurements, Oxford Univ. Press, 2006, 2007, 2011. Married, two daughters and 2.8 grandchildren (Lisa expecting Oct. 5).
Interests in Alternative Energy
- Economic viability of different alternative energy projects
- Solar hot water, PV, passive building design
- Problems with alternative energy acceptance and growth; extension to third world
Experience in Alternative Energy
- Solar hot water design
- Insulation and insulated interior thermal mass
- Trombe walls