|This user is a member with an interest and knowledge of Solar thermal.|
Graduate student in MME at Queen's University
I am currently enrolled in a Masters of Engineering program at Queens University, Kingston Canada.
I have completed or am presently enrolled in the following courses for my graduate program:
- MECH 831 Convective Heat Transfer
- MECH 864 Engineering Analysis
- MPA 877 Energy Policy
- SURP 855 Environmental Policy and Management
- MECH 425 Engineering for Sustainable Development
- MECH 455 Computer Integrated Manufacturing
A full list of courses I have taken throughout my post-secondary studies can be found here: A.Shahed Full Course List
I completed my undergraduate studies at Queen's University in 2008 and proceeded to enroll in their graduate program. Much of my time since has been dedicated to studying solar thermal systems, specifically solar domestic hot water and solar assisted geothermal systems.
Prior to university I attended schooling in both Canada and Bangladesh. After completing my masters program I would like to work in the field of international development and utilize my skills to provide education, engineering and aid to underprivileged societies.
Areas of Interest
My interests are quite broad but I find they fit well together when applied in to international development.
- Energy Infrastructure
- Urban and Rural Planning
- Environmental Conservation
- Cradle to Cradle Design
- Renewable Technologies (spec. solar energy)
- Economics in sustainability
- Project Management