Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Difference between revisions of "Car electronics"
(Created page with " == '''Hybrid cars''' == <br /> Hybrid cars are the most important evolution to a Carbon Neutral way of driving, because most of the time you only drive short ways. So you can...")
Revision as of 09:29, 14 January 2015
Hybrid cars are the most important evolution to a Carbon Neutral way of driving, because most of the time you only drive short ways. So you can go full electric and also it’s possible to have a longer range with the combustion engine. There are different types of the concept for hybrid power cars.
Different system structures
• Series hybrid: Series-hybrid cars are driven by the electric motor with no mechanical connection to the engine. Instead there is an engine for running a generator to get the energy for the electric motor.
• Parallel hybrid: In a parallel hybrid car, the single electric motor and the internal combustion engine are installed such that they can power the vehicle either individually or together.
• Power-split hybrid: In a power-split hybrid electric drive vehicle there are two motors, an electric motor and an internal combustion engine. The power from these two motors can be shared to drive the wheels or regenerate power for the batteries.
Different Hybrid types
• Mild hybrid: These types use a generally compact electric motor to provide auto-stop/start features and to provide extra power assist during the acceleration, and to generate on the deceleration phase
• Full hybrid: Full hybrid vehicles with an electromotive power of more than 20 kW / t can purely drive on electric power and therefore it is the basis for a series hybrid.
• Plug-in hybrid: The plug-in hybrid is usually a general fuel-electric (parallel or serial) hybrid with increased energy storage, usually through a li-ion battery, which allows the vehicle to realize a full –electric drive mode. The distance depends on the battery size and its mechanical layout.