Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Difference between revisions of "CCAT rocket stove"
|Line 28:||Line 28:|
A well constructed rocket stove will allow for air to circulate. With this in mind, it is important to provide an even pathway for the air. The chimny, the combustion chamber and the skirt gap should all have the same cross-sectional area.
A well constructed rocket stove will allow for air to circulate. With this in mind, it is important to provide an even pathway for the air. The chimny, the combustion chamber and the skirt gap should all have the same cross-sectional area
Revision as of 00:45, 20 April 2007
- 1 Traditional Three Rock Fire
- 2 Why Improved Fuel Stove are Good
- 3 Lit Review
- 4 Design
- 5 Testing
- 6 Conclusion
- 7 This is a level one heading
Traditional Three Rock Fire
The rocket stove has social and environmental benefits to the large population in the developing world that have no other alternative than burring biomass for their cooking and heating needs. Rural cultures around the world depend on the three rock fire for there cooking needs.
Indoor Air Quality
Indoor air quality is the main driving factor in the decimation programs around the developing third world. Soot and ash produced when cooking with traditional three rock fires creates unhealthy amounts of indoor air particulates, resulting in respiratory and breathing issues.
Improved Fuel stoves can reduce the amount of wood fuel needed to cook. Improving the heat transfer efficiency of energy from the fire to the cooking vessel reduces the amount of energy wasted, thus reducing the amount of wood needed. Reduction in the amount of wood fuel needed each month allows the rural family to either save time and money. Rural families who traditionally purchased wood fuel will save money allowing funds to be spent on other basic needs. Rural cultures that physically find and collect wood fuel will allowing women who predominately collect wood to save time.
Traditional open three rock fires are dangerous to small children who can easily fall or trip into a open fire on the floor of there dwelling. Improved Fuel stoves are insulated and elevated above the ground, preventing children from accidentally burning them selfs.
Why Improved Fuel Stove are Good
Improved fuel stoves improve fuel combustion that reduces the dangerous air pollutants generated when burning wood. The addition of chimneys to improved fuel further improves the indoor air quality.
Improved Transfer of Heat
Improved fuel stoves are designed to be efficient at the transfer of heat from the fire to the cooking vessel. Improved transfer of heat is the key process in there ability to reduce wood fuel use.
World bank paper
- A well constructed rocket stove will allow for air to circulate. With this in mind, it is important to provide an even pathway for the air. The chimny, the combustion chamber and the skirt gap should all have the same cross-sectional area.
- Unless oxygen is being circulated, the fire will smother. When building the combustion chamber it is necessary to provide a shelf for the fuel. This way, fresh air will be pulled underneath the burning fuel.
- The chimny should be short, reaching just above the cookpot. This allows for hot gasses to flow more rapidly through the system.
- Heat will radiate from the combustion chamber. For imporved efficiency, insulate arround the chamber.
Types of Testing
To make bullets use the asterix:
- Like this
- and two for the next indent
- and back to one...
- Similarly, numbered bullets are like this
- and multi-leveled like this
This is a level one heading
This is italic text. This is were i need to put in some words. The rocket stove fullfills the needs of rural
This is a level two heading (etc)
This is bold text.
- This is indented text. Click Show preview, to see what this looks like.