We continue to develop resources related to the COVID-19 pandemic. See COVID-19 initiatives on Appropedia for more information.
== Organisations == (archived by --CurtB 16:07, 31 October 2006 (PST))
I haven't worked out if these organisations are notable enough for inclusion in Wikipedia. If not, they might at least deserve a mention here. E.g. we could have a table of organizations, with category, place of origin & operation, brief comments/description, & links to Wikipedia where appropriate. (Have link to the Wikipedia article in name - but only if there is actually a Wikipedia article, as a dead link doesn't show as a redlink for interwiki link).
- Wikipedia:Appropriate Technology Africa - small company, probably doesn't meet Wikipedia's notability standards. Move here?
- Compatible Technology International (Food and water) CTI works to improve the lives of people in developing countries by designing food and water technologies that are sustainable and appropriate to local cultures, and by collaborating with in-country organizations to identify needs and to achieve widespread use of our technologies to relieve hunger and poverty. (Includes grinders for peanut butter... Just Peanuts! Sustainable Development in the Rupununi: Economical and technological sustainability Stabroek News, Friday, May 26th 2006.
- Ballard-based Program for Appropriate Technology in Health (PATH) Technologies (health) - an international nonprofit organization that creates sustainable, culturally relevant solutions enabling communities worldwide to break longstanding cycles of poor health. Bolivia and elsewhere.
- I think a table of organizations is necessary. In addition the the items you mention, we should include a link to the organizations webpage and the organization name should be a link to their appropedia page (if they have one). Inappropriate additions to wikipedia such as Wikipedia:Appropriate Technology Africa are a great example of a purpose that appropedia should serve. Maybe would should have a template on wikipedia along the lines of "This page is not in accordance with (some link to what wikipedia is not in reference to promoting your organization), please consider moving this page to another wikimedia project such as Appropedia where it is more appropriate." --Lonny 13:00, 30 June 2006 (PDT)
- I'm finally getting around to this topic, and I think it's a good one, in part because I know of several organizations that I am tempted to make note of. I'll look into what you've already done with orgs, but also want to ask if this is effectively a policy question? That is, shall I move to the policy page? I already moved what I was pretty sure about... --Curtbeckmann 12:58, 2 October 2006 (PDT)