Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Notes from today's meeting
Greet new users using:
- make sure to say Welcome! in the summary.
Open, in new tabs, all talk pages (from Special:Log/newusers)on people that are all red, then paste the subst code and summarize with Welcome! See this welcoming matrix for some guidelines on greeting:
|Name||Talk||Contribs||Suggestion for Greeter|
|red||red||blue||Check contribution (block if spam; help if needed), then comment on their talk page. Then add standard greeting.|
|red||blue||red||Probably already greeted… feel free to check. If not a greeting, add one.|
|blue||red||red||Check name page, comment about it on their talk page and greet appropriately.|
|blue||red||blue||Check name page and contributions, comment on it and greet appropriately.|
- Add a personal note to your talk page (this talk page) that says something along the lines of "Hi, I am an Appropedia intern. Please feel free to leave me a question or comment by clicking the plus sign above."...
- Read Porting and Help:How to port pages
Notes on highlighted project rotation
It would be good to rotate these weekly. During weekend, send highlighted project text to Lonny for review.
- Edit Appropedia:Highlighted_Projects first.
- Copy and paste the current highlight directly below a new header (===Retired date===) directly below ==Past Highlights==
- Don't include "<br style="clear: right"/><noinclude>" in the copy/paste
- Replace current highlight information with the new highlight.
- replace "Image:..." with new image
- Replace existing caption with your text (reviewed by me)
- Replace the lower right numbers (rect 1 1 ### ###) with the pixel size from new image
- Replace the link (see [[....]] after the rect 1 1 ### ###) with the new link to highlighted project
- Summarize with "new highlight page"
- copy your current highlight code and paste into Template:Highlighted_project
- Check home page!
-Thanks, --Lonny 23:14, 19 October 2009 (UTC)
Notes from 10/16 meeting
By the Monday after Thanksgiving Break (11/30):
- Every user welcomed.
- Twelve documents ported.
- Two projects have been highlighted
- one by the Monday of Thanksgiving (11/23)
- one on the Monday after Thanksgiving (11/30)
Meeting on Monday, 11/30, at 2pm.
Thanks, --Lonny 21:34, 18 November 2009 (UTC)