We continue to develop resources related to the COVID-19 pandemic. See COVID-19 initiatives on Appropedia for more information.
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Winessa Nartia-Stockart
- I am an Environmental Science student with a focus in Climate and Energy at Humboldt State University (HSU). I was born in the Philippines, lived on a small island of Hawaii for ten years and another ten years at Los Angeles. I needed to go to a school that reminded me of my first home, and HSU is the perfect place. I hope to become a research scientist one day, and I hope to learn a lot from this class to teach my friends and family about appropriate technology. In this Spring 2017 semester, I will be working with Jefferson Community Center as one of the class's projects.
Interests in Appropriate Technology
- Filtration for fresh water.
- Drip irrigation.
- The study and application of installing solar panels and other methods renewable energy.
Experience in Appropriate Technology
- Reused old paper and newspaper to make paper :)
- Patched up clothes.
- Helped with making a cob "bench."
- Converted a patch of lawn from Pasadena City College to a sustainable garden with the school's sustainability club.
To make a better and more sustainable community at Humboldt with fellow peers and students.