We continue to develop resources related to the COVID-19 pandemic. See COVID-19 initiatives on Appropedia for more information.
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Tony Mitchell
- My name is Tony Mitchell and I am currently a student at Humboldt State University where I am pursuing a degree in Environmental Resources Engineering. I enjoy building things as well as learning how and what makes things work. One of my main goals in life is to design something that will have a major positive impact on the world.
Interests in Engineering
- One of my main interest in engineering is being able to take something that has been designed and taking part in it coming to life.
- Another interest that I have is being able to work in teams with people with similar and different thought processes and being able to come together and create something new.
- Lastly I am interested in finding new renewable resources that will help the environment prosper.
Experience in Engineering
- Some of my engineering experiences began when I was a kid i would sit at home and take apart my broken toy cars and combine them with other pieces to make a newer car.
- During high school I also took part in numerous building projects for instance wooden car races and even model bridge building.
- One of my favorite engineering experiences was when I designed and built a shelf that supported our dryer above our washing machine because of the lack of space.
- For our semester long project my group and I, Team Gridiron were tasked with designing a play structure for Redwood Coast Montessori. After careful planning as multiple decision processes we concluded that the best design would be a Rock Climbing Wall and here is the document which covers the steps leading up to the decision:Final Document. Below is also a detailed description of some of my exceptional pieces of work.