Who am I[edit | edit source]
- My name is Sherry. I was born in Taiwan and moved to the US at age 10. I am married to a wonderful, loving man and I am a mother of an active and playful 4 year old, who inspires me to live in the moment.
- I am a student of life and am currently enrolled in the School of Business working on a BA in International Business at Humboldt State University. I have always been drawn toward the concept of Appropriate Technology and I am looking forward to putting those concepts to work and turning them into something practical and functional.
I am passionate about Appropriate Technology![edit | edit source]
I grew up in the city of Taipei, Taiwan and moved to Houston, TX when I was 10 years old. Growing up and living in crowded cities most of my childhood has sparked my interest in alternative and sustainable life styles. I found myself gravitating towards a simpler life style and surrounding myself with nature. Some of my topics of interests in appropriate technology includes
- Sustainable living
- Repurposing and reusing material for building
- Off Grid living
- Alternative energy- solar and wind energy
- Organic gardening
- Natural building materials
- Waste reduction
Experience in Appropriate Technology[edit | edit source]
This is my first time taking a class in this topic. I have been exposed to different types of appropriate technology through various experiences ranging from washing my hands as a kid in a sink built by my dad- that drains gray water directly into the water tank over the toilet to attending and "plugging in" in numerous national Rainbow Gatherings. My husband and I have built our green house, chicken coop, and compost bin out of all recycled material and we are always looking to take on home improvement projects that are sustainable and appropriate. Here is a link to the Rainbow Gathering if you would like to learn more about it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow_Gathering I have some experience in
- Wilderness survival
- Raising Chickens
- Building green houses with recycled windows and doors.