Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
- Raymond Rios
- I am a junior at Humboldt State studying environmental resource engineering. I have lived in Los Angeles California most of my life. I am currently beginning my second year of HSU. I would recommend anybody to visit Humboldt and the beautiful redwood forest that surrounds it.
Interests in Engineering
- Learn to build things and take them apart.
- Build projects that helps sustain the planet and its resources.
- Learn how to implement renewable energy more efficiently.
Experience in Engineering
- I worked in a group to build a Rube Goldberg machine.
- Tested water quality samples from ponds and streams near campus.
- Made a life-cycle assessment and comparison for Nalgene and Klean Kanteen
- For my Engineering 115 class, I conducted a life-cycle assessment and comparison for Nalgene and Klean Kanteen water bottles.
- For Engineering 215, my group and I, Greenhouse Gremlins, renovated and designed a Greenhouse at a local elementary school.This is the document we created while designing our greenhouse. Final Design Documenet This is the link my groups Appropedia page.Greenhouse Gremlins
- This Gantt Chart shows a sample of project planning software.
- This is a sample of our final design Auto CAD Drawing 1 Auto CAD Drawing 2.
- This is a poster we made for the greenhouse project.
- This is a memo that I made to turn in with a document.
- This is an Excel timesheet I made to record my hours for the project.