Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
- My name is Nicolas Sabo but I always go by Nic.
- I enjoy acquiring new skills and knowledge. I do not enjoy attempting to describe myself. My hobbies include hackysack, juggling, biking (mountain and road), and climbing rocks.
- This summer (2012), I spent my time at Smith Rock State Park in Central Oregon (just north of Bend) working as a rock climbing guide with Smith Rock Climbing Guides. In other words, I got paid to hang out with cool people, go climbing, and generally goof around.
- During my time at Smith, a good friend Jon Rhoderick and I took it upon ourselves to update a set of anchors on a 800ft multi-pitch climb called Astro Monkey. This process involved climbing the route with the necessary equipment (hammer, hand drill, crowbar, etc.), pulling out the old rusty bolts, expanding the existing holes with a hand drill and placing the new hardware. It was our first time doing this and it was a fun (read:EXHAUSTING) endeavor. Now the route is significantly safer.
Interests in Engineering
- I like finding innovative and efficient solutions to problems. I like optimizing.
- Mechanical and structural engineering.
- All forms of sustainable energy.
Experience in Engineering
- Engineering 115 and 215 classes at Humboldt State University.
- Constructed a raised bed frame out of wood.
- Devising and rigging rope jumps/swings and slacklines high off the ground.
- Construction of a tree net made of climbing rope and paracord, 70 ft off the ground.
Timesheet made in Excel.
Gant Chart made as a team with Conor Ritz, Arrow Walker, and Brian Weekly.
Collaborative document written by myself, Conor Ritz, Arrow Walker, and Brian Weekly.