Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
I am an Electrical Engineering student at Michigan Tech University and am working to complete an environmental concentration, a mathematics minor, and a power certificate. I am a part of many different organizations on campus including the Green Campus Enterprise, Theta Chi Epsilon sorority, and Ridge Roamers Climbing Club. I have a passion for helping people and helping the environment and hope to work with alternative energy once I graduate from MTU.
Research Assistant: Worked with Professor Lucia Gauchia testing Lithium Ion batteries for a smart house simulation.
- Performed tests on batteries including EIS, CC/CV, and created SOC/OCV relationship curves
- Used Modulab and EIS test data to create the complex Z graph and find the equivalent circuit
- Wrote procedures for the lab testing equipment
Green Campus Enterprise: Single Use Process Water Team: Working to create a water chilling system to cool lab equipment in the MEEM building and reduce the amount of water used on the MTU campus.
- Toured existing chilling systems on campus and worked with building managers to understand what equipment is necessary
- Calculated the size of the chiller needed depending on the BTU/Hr produced by the lab equipment
- Working to complete a financial analysis for the project
Green Campus Enterprise: Wind Turbine Team: Helped create a design to put a wind turbine at Mont Ripley to power the MTU ski hill.
The Pump (Founder): A non-profit that works to provide clean drinking water for people all over the world.
- Designed and produced headbands - sold online and in stores
- Partnered with Bright Hope International
- Fully funded the installation of a well in Zambia, Africa
Theta Chi Epsilon Sorority Sisterhood Chair:
- Voting member of the executive board
- Ran a workshop that focused on communication and respect
- Organized monthly sisterhood events
- Dean's List: Fall 2017, Spring 2018, Fall 2018, Spring 2019, Fall 2019
- Civil and Environmental Engineering Freshman Scholar Award (2018)