Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
- Marissa Woolsey
- Hello! My name is Marissa, I am currently studying environmental engineering at Humboldt State University. I transferred there from a community college in southern California. While I was still living in SoCal I was part of the college's tennis team, and participated in the BEE's club as well as volunteered for the Irvine Ranch Conservancy. I have a passion for traveling, trying new foods and meeting new people. I chose to be an engineering major so I can help with a movement I am passionate about, water quality. My goal is to eventually find a way to clean our oceans and eliminate contaminants in it.
Interests in Engineering
- Learning ways to improve ocean water quality and life.
- Finding new and innovative ways to bring electricity/power to people and countries in need.
- Connecting with individuals around the world to improve the living environment for animals and people.
Experience in Engineering
This section contains documents and brief descriptions of work of done regarding engineering.
- Intro to Environmental Engineering (ENGR115); worked on various engineering labs ex: a hydrogen fuel cell lab.
- Testing the DO and BOD in a local lake in Arcata CA
- 2016 Pokemon Rube Goldberg My team and I created a Pokemon Rube Goldberg for our ENGR215 class.
This section is dedicated to my work, as well as collaborative work, on my ENGR 215 project. Team BALM created
a solar food dehydrator for our client The Sanctuary. Below are links to our compiled work document, a AutoCAD
representation of the shelving units, our Trello page (used for group organization), and some other additional documents for