Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Name: Makenna Waterfield
- I am a sophomore who (as of last semester) is an Environmental Resources Engineering major at HSU. Before I changed my major, I was studying Environmental Science when, late my freshman year, I made the decision to become an architect. It is my dream to open my own business in sustainable architecture. I have also recently picked up cello here, because I learned HSU loans instruments to students for no charge! If anyone has felt the urge to learn how to play an instrument, I strongly advise checking out our music department. I am very passionate in the arts and in my past I have participated in 6 years of theatrical arts, 4 years of advanced art, 5 years of advanced dance, and many other forms of art. If anyone feels like they need a good chat about any of the topics mentioned above, come find me!
"I call architecture frozen music." - J.W. Goethe
Interests in Engineering
- Sustainable Design
- Solving Problems
Experience in Engineering
- Studied Passive Solar Design Briefly
- Various Field Volunteer Work
- Previous ENGR courses
Here are a few examples of the work I have completed both on my own and in a group:
- Memo: Memo for ENGR215
- Excel Spreadsheet: Timesheet for ENGR 215
- Gantt Chart: Group Plans for ENGR215
- AutoCAD: 3D Draft of a Simple House
- Collaborative Document: Rapid Compost document for ENGR215 Spring 2012
The work posted above is from my ENGR215 course, taken in Spring 2012.