We continue to develop resources related to the COVID-19 pandemic. See COVID-19 initiatives on Appropedia for more information.
These are the countries that our first travel intern will be in for 2010. If you know of a potential partner, please click edit next to the country and add the organization to the list. Don't worry about formatting.
- Los Amigos Biological Station
- Sachavacayoc Research Station
- Eco Truly Park
- Soluciones Practicas Demonstration house and other amazing projects
- Comunidad Indigina de Cacaopera, Morazan, El Salvador: no link currently available. This is a rural indigenous community focused on preserving cultural knowledge including herbal medicine, language, dance, and music. Contact me to discuss further. Steve.mccrosky 13:41, 10 June 2010 (UTC)
Invitation to Add Your Organization/Community/Project to this list
Your organization or community is doing amazing work. Other communities could learn a lot from what you are doing, yet you are too busy doing great work to have time to document your efforts. Appropedia has our first travel intern that wants to come document your best projects/engagements.
- Provide projects or engagements for our intern to document
- Provide time to answer some of the intern's questions about what makes your project so impactful
- Make sure the intern has a safe place to stay and eat (covering her food and lodging is optional, but greatly appreciated)
The intern's duties
- Document the best projects and engagements of your organization or community in a short, accurate, manner.
- Help share your work with others via Appropedia and social media channels.
- Be a professional and valuable presence at your site for 1 day to 1 week.
This year the intern is looking to spend June through July in South America and August through September in Central America. If your community or organization has a project for us to document (as part of this or another future internship), and a place for her to stay during the days it will take to document those projects, please contact us at email@example.com.
Lonny Grafman, President of the Appropedia Foundation