About Me[edit | edit source]
- Rae Medina
- I'm an Environmental Studies student at Humboldt State University. As of 2018, I am working toward a BA in Environmental Studies with a minor in Appropriate Technology. Spending the past year in Humboldt has opened my eyes to the strength of community and the endless possibilities presented by cooperation.
Interests in Appropriate Technology[edit | edit source]
- Urban/Home Gardening
- Rainwater catchment
- Permaculture Design
- Off-the-grid living
My interests mainly surround how we can use sustainable and appropriate technologies to restructure our food system in an effort to restore agency and food security to communities while reducing waste and mitigating our environmental impacts.
Experience in Appropriate Technology[edit | edit source]
- Urban Homesteading class at CCAT
- Home vermicompost system in place
- Experience with using "up-cycled" materials for building
- PATOO practice
- Spring 2018 Cooperation Humboldt potato tower
Over the summer of 2017, I was fortunate enough to spend my time as an intern at Redwood roots farm in Bayside, where I continue to contribute as needed.