We continue to develop resources related to the COVID-19 pandemic. See COVID-19 initiatives on Appropedia for more information.
I am a senior at Michigan Technological University and I will graduate in December 2016 with my B.S. in Mechanical Engineering. I have had previous engineering experience working as an intern at Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory (Fermilab) and at WEC Energy Group in Chicago.
- Engineering Intern- Fermilab (May 2016-August 2016)
- Analyzed cryogenic systems for the Short Baseline Neutrino (SBN) experiment using finite element analysis (FEA)
- Performed a complex safety analysis for a pump suspended inside a 17,000-ton liquid Argon cryostat
- Completed an Oxygen Deficiency Hazard (ODH) analysis for the Short Baseline Near Detector (SBND) cryogenic equipment- SBND experiment will begin operation in 2018
- Modified and created Process and Instrumentation Drawings (P&ID) for the Near Infrared experiment
- Gas Engineering Intern- WEC Energy Group (May 2014-August 2014 & May 2015-August 2015)
- Implemented methods to prevent permits from expiring in Chicago- this reduced cost by $60,000 over one quarter
- Exhibited leadership skills by initiating a plan to standardize the local scheduler role across the three shop locations
- Thoroughly audited leak rechecks for deficiencies and for potential field employee training opportunities
- Volunteered within the company by packing lunches for the homeless and counseling students in the Chicago Youth Program
- Senior Captain, Paddling Coach- Michigan Tech Concrete Canoe Team (August 2014-June 2016)
- Led the team in all areas of operation including design, construction, and finance
- Oversaw all committee head positions to remain on schedule and on budget
- Promoted social sustainability by guiding the transfer of knowledge to the junior captain and new team members