VIEW THROUGH MY EYES!!
HERE ARE JUST A FEW THINGS I SEE DAILY AROUND MY HOME TOWN! WHAT are people thinking? There is only one world!
Old Oil Refinery[edit | edit source]
When I was young, I live right up the street from one of the biggest Oil Refineries in Oil City. I was able to see the effects that pollution had at a very young age. - The distorted Catfish under the Rail Road Bridge - Oil Foam Floating Down the River
Development[edit | edit source]
I know as a world we have to develop with time but it aggravates me. Right in my hometown, they are taking over the farmland and forest to develop strip malls and businesses. While just up the road two miles there are blocks of an empty building in the small city. The biggest problem is that the developers usually do not care about the ecological effect of their actions.
Abandoned Buildings[edit | edit source]
Everywhere you look anymore, you are guaranteed to see at least one abandoned building, home, or vehicle. People do not seem to realize the hazards such as the anti-freeze in the pipes of an abandoned car or the abandoned refrigerator or old asbestos in the boarded-up houses
NEWEST ADDITION HOPEFULLY COMING SOON!!What environmental or energy problems do you see in this picture![edit | edit source]
Take a look at the following picture and lets share some of the problems we see! If you would like add a picture of your own, lets get our issues out that disturb us!
Light Up Your LIFE,DO you try to conserve energy?[edit | edit source]
Here are a few Questions I came up with to ask yourself if you want to conserve energy?
How many things Do you have plugged in a home? Are you really using all of them?
- Do you turn off the lights when you leave a room?
- Do you not run extra power draining supplies during peak hours of the day?
- Do you carry these same Practices with you at work and PLAY?
- When at work, turn off office lights or unplug unused items!
If you can think of any question one could ask themselve to conserve more, please add them!!
Environmental Interests[edit | edit source]
- Stream Ecology
If we poison the water that we need to survive, what do we have left. It feeds the plants that convert carbon dioxide back into oxygen. It makes up 70% of the human body. It supports life!!
Here are a few Sites to deal with what I studied:
- Listed below under Environmental Involvement
- Educating People on Recycling
We live in a throw-away society, people don't care about the effects of their actions today will have on later societies. Visit: [[*Recycling Near You] - find recycling information by area and item.
A Little About ME[edit | edit source]
Graduated From the University of Pittsburgh With Honors
- Majored in Biology
- Minored in Chemistry
Currently Attending Clarion University to hopefully obtain my Masters in Biology.
- Goals In Life
- Obtain entrance into medical school
- Build Awareness on Environmental Effects and Medical Issues
Contact Information[edit | edit source]
Environmental Involvement[edit | edit source]
- During my Undergrad, I was involved in many different Stream Testing Projects and even was hired to part take part in a few official studies. Yes, this does mean I love the wildness and can chemically test the streams around your house to tell the ecological effects our actions are having on our environment. This also means I am willing to hike through the woods lugging really expensive equipment and holding it above my head as I fall Down the Hill! So if any of you Share MY interest on Stream Ecology Let's TALK!!
ALso, Here are a few sights of interest on PA Stream Ecology
- Effects of Pollution on the Streams of Western Pennsylvania[]
- Projects that had interested me!
I am great at science! I love the wonderful world of biology! I just wish everyone else around me would be as excited as I am about it.
- Other Skills
- Things I need to Improve
Computer SKILLS!!! I am one of those people who can crash a computer in a second! Technology is amazing but doesn't always work the way I want it too.