We continue to develop resources related to the COVID-19 pandemic. See COVID-19 initiatives on Appropedia for more information.
- 1 VIEW THROUGH MY EYES!!
- 2 NEWEST ADDITION HOPEFULLY COMING SOON!!What environmental or energy problems do you see in this picture!
- 3 A Little About ME
VIEW THROUGH MY EYES!!
HERE ARE JUST A FEW THINGS I SEE DAILY AROUND MY HOME TOWN! WHAT are people thinking? There is only one world!
Old Oil Refinery
When I was young, I live right up the street from one of the biggest Oil Refineries in Oil City. I was able to see the effects that pollution had at a very young age. - The distorted Catfish under the Rail Road Bridge - Oil Foam Floating Down the River
I know as a world we have to develop with time but it aggravates me. Right in my hometown, they are taking over the farmland and forest to develop strip malls and business. While, just up the road two miles there are blocks of empty building in the small city. The biggest problem is that the developers usually do not care about the ecological effect of their actions.
Everywhere you look anymore, you are guaranteed to see at least one abandoned building, home, or vehicle. People do not seem to realize the hazards such as the anti-freeze in the pipes of an abandoned car or the abandoned refrigerator or old asbestos in the boarded up houses
NEWEST ADDITION HOPEFULLY COMING SOON!!What environmental or energy problems do you see in this picture!
Take a look at the following picture and lets share some of the problems we see! If you would like add a picture of your own, lets get our issues out that disturb us!
Light Up Your LIFE,DO you try to conserve energy?
Here are a few Questions I came up with to ask yourself if you want to conserve energy?
How many things Do you have plugged in a home? Are you really using all of them?
- Do you turn off the lights when you leave a room?
- Do you not run extra power draining supplies during peak hours of the day?
- Do you carry these same Practices with you at work and PLAY?
- When at work, turn off office lights or unplug unused items!
If you can think of any question one could ask themselve to conserve more, please add them!!
Here is a cute movie on Greenworks and steps companies are taking to prevent Pollution!
If we poison the water that we need to survive, what do we have left. It feeds the plants that convert carbon dioxide back into oxygen. It makes up 70% of the human body. It supports life!!
Here are a few Sites to deal with what I studied:
- Listed below under Environmental Involvment
Educating People on Recycling
We live in a throw away society, people don't care about the effects of their actions today will have on later societies. Visit: [[*Recycling Near You] - find recycling information by area and item.
A Little About ME
Graduated From the University of Pittsburgh With Honors
- Majored in Biology
- Minored in Chemistry
Currently Attending Clarion University to hopefully obtain my Masters in Biology.
Goals In Life
- Obtain enterance into medical school
- Build Awareness on Environmental Effects and Medical Issues
- During my Undergrad, I was involved in many different Stream Testing Projects and even was hired to part take part in a few official studies. Yes this does mean I love the wildness and can chemically test the streams around your house to tell the ecological effects our actions are having on our evironment. This also means I am willing to hike through the woods lugging really expensive equipment and holding it above my head as I fall Down the Hill! So if any of you Share MY interest on Stream Ecology Let's TALK!!
ALso, Here are a few sights of interest on PA Stream Ecology
- Effects of Pollution on the Streams of Western Pennsylvania[]
- Projects that had interested me! []
I am great at science! I love the wonderful world of biology! I just wish everyone else around me would be as excited as I am about it.
Things I need to Improve
Computer SKILLS!!! I am one of those people who can crash a computer in a second! Technology is amazing but doesn't always work the way I want it too.