We continue to develop resources related to the COVID-19 pandemic. See COVID-19 initiatives on Appropedia for more information.
- Kelsey Burrell
- I'm an undergraduate student in the Environmental Resources Engineering department at Humboldt State University, and a long-time resident of the north coast of California. I'm excited about exploring the different aspects of environmental engineering while in school, and look forward to devoting my career to studying and developing solutions to our environmental woes.
Since transferring to HSU, I've become an active member of the Society of Women Engineers. Recently, we organized Engineering Fest at Eureka High School, where we invited middle- and high-school kids to get involved in STEM through a free afternoon of fun, engineering-related activities.
Interests in Engineering
- Water quality
- Watershed restoration and management
- Solid waste management
- Wastewater treatment
- Environmental justice
- More to come as I learn!
Experience in Engineering
- Intern, Achilli Research and Teaching Lab, Humboldt State University. January 2017-present.
These are some examples of work I did during my first year in ERE:
- A memo I wrote discussing nutrients in Arcata wastewater
- A spreadsheet I created for a water balance of Fern Lake
- A Gantt chart I created with my project group, Three Peas in a Pod: Compost Squad!
- A 3D house I drew with autoCAD
- A document I collaborated on with my group in our Introduction to Design class