Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
My name is Kara Bakowski, and I am a junior studying Materials Science & Engineering at Michigan Tech. I have a strong interest in a career in the steel industry. When I have free time, I make sad attempts to catch up on sleep.
Metallurgical Intern, summer 2013
- Created procedure for and trained five inspectors on use of new Brinell Optical Scanning Scope (B.O.S.S.) units
- Performed data collection for a request to change a Navy specification procedure, which would improve efficiency and accuracy
- Introduced a new method for barcoding plates to improve efficiency and plate tracking capabilities
- Networked with managers, engineers, interns, and floor operators daily
- Worked in a production environment
- Huskies Pep Band (President)
- IRHC Broomball (Public Relations Manager, Referee, player)
- The Daily Bull (Secretary)
- Undergraduate Student Government (Associate Member)
Hobbies & Interests
- FIRST Robotics Competition (former participant and current volunteer)
- Minecraft enthusiast
- Radio Astronomy