Name: Joanna "Jo" Murphy
- I am 27, married and I've lived in Arcata for 5 years.
I'm an ERE major a Junior, and this is my first semester at Humboldt
Interests in Engineering[edit | edit source]
- Water and waste water systems
- machines/ systems that run on passive solar
- urban gardening systems
Experience in Engineering[edit | edit source]
- No formal experience to speak of in engineering yet.
- I've learned that I want to help deliver clean water and sanitation around the world but I have yet to get any ideas past the idea stage.
- I would say I only have the same experience as everyone else in the world at fixing things, (usually broken) with what I have or can get easily, with finding better and more systematic ways to do things that I have to deal with at work or in everyday life, and with looking at a preexisting product and figuring out how to improve it or make it more useable, attractive, efficient.
- I have reverse engineered any number of foods.
Major[edit | edit source]
- Environmental Resource Engineering
- Expected graduation date: Spring 2013.
Portfolio[edit | edit source]
- For Engineering 215, my group and I, Team Ecodermis, designed a multiple layer shell to cover the Flock House. This is the document we created while designing our shell:[]
- This  shows a sample of a Gantt chart.
- This is a sample of a memo []
- These are AutoCAD Drawings [] from the project.
- This is a spread sheet []from the project.
Category: Engr215 Introduction to Design