Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
- Name: Julian
I am a senior at Humboldt State University. I do not share personal information or photos on the internet due to privacy and intellectual property concerns.
Favorite Appropedia Page(s)
- Construction_of_an_Affordable_Greenhouse - Describes an urban greenhouse design.
- http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/hframe.html - This was part of our assignment and was not on Appropedia, but I think this page, information, & organization is exceptional.
Experience and Resources
I have the following experience, skills or resources to share with Engr 370:
- See personal resume. 15 years work experience including corporate, construction, military, management, & educational experience.
Interests in Appropriate Technology
I am interested in:
- Personalizing "my" environment with minimal resource usage.
- Evaluating and altering how humans use their environment.
- Examining solutions for everyday problems.
Experience in Appropriate Technology
- Cooking and "domestic" usage. At home installed a garden, compost and water catchment system working on the idea of dew collection.
- Previous construction, salvage, and demolition diver. We salvaged boats, deepened and widened channels, performed hydro-graphic surveying, pier evaluation and repair,and poured cement foundations for piers. Because diver was a non standard military occupation, a large portion of our gear was more appropriate tech oriented as we found/made/modified and repaired what we needed. You can't buy a patch for a ship 100 years old in unknown condition in an unknown location and position.
- Repair computer components and other electronics.
- Various entertainment or experiments. Built and raced a boat made out of cardboard and able to support 3 people.
- Made a flotation device out of inner tubes, wood, and coolers to ensure security and temperature of beer while floating down the Sacramento River.