Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
- Jacob Rivera
- I am very excited to get involved in Engineering, particularly Wastewater Treatment and Water Quality. I have developed a love for this subject and would love to go work in the Third World, improving water quality. I grew up in Cambodia as a young child because my father was a missionary there. I've seen the poverty and awful conditions and I want gain knowledge and skills so I can go back and implement them there.
Interests in Engineering
- Wastewater and Water Quality.
- Natural and Bio-remediation systems for water: like those used in the Arcata Wastewater Treatment Plant.
- River restoration
Experience in Engineering
- Engr 115 and 215
- 2018 Member of the Renewable Energy Student Union
- 2019 MidPac Water Treatment Competition
- Examples of work I've completed during my time in the HSU engineering program:
- Example of a memo I have completed
- A spreadsheet I've created
- An AutoCad Diagram I made
- A collaborative document made by Team Polaris on our Scale Solar System project