We continue to develop resources related to the COVID-19 pandemic. See COVID-19 initiatives on Appropedia for more information.
Humboldt State University Student
- Major: Environmental Science (Energy and Climate)
- Minor: Geospatial Sciences
- Minor: Forestry
- Semester Goal: to ride my bicycle to and from school everyday!
ENGR 370 Energy, Technology, and Society
Experience and Resources
I have the following experience, skills or resources to share with Engr370:
- Recently co-created the Humboldt State University Paper Towel Diversion Project with Aaron Gallo.
- Experience in literature research and field research as an assistant for an HSU graduate student.
- Experience with ArcMap10 GIS software conducting analysis and creating maps.
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator software designing maps.
- Co-creator of the Treadmill-a-volt.
Woody Biomass Energy Production
Torrefaction and Pellitization
ENGR 305 Appropriate Technology
- I ride my bike to the store instead of driving my truck.
- I use my re-usable coffee mug every day.
- Occasionally I use a rake or broom instead of the loud, exhaust emitting, gas blower.
- Researched small to medium scale torrefaction and pellitization projects.
- Visited Aprovecho Sustainability Education Center
- Passive and Photovoltaic solar applications. (specifically, I want to retrofit my brother's chicken coop with an electric door and feeder)
- Mini-hydo electricity generation with water filtration for rural applications.
- Mobile relief shelters for environmental refugees.
- Torrefied biomass.
- Human powered exercise machine to charge small electronic devices.
- Project partner: Aaron Gallo