Academic History[edit | edit source]
Presently a Graduate Electrical Engineering student at Michigan Technological University. Achieved Bachelor's in Electrical Engineering Degree from Pune University, Maharashtra (India). Developed an interest in solar photo-voltaic technology in High School itself while learning the basic concept of p-n junction layer in basic electronics class, which subsequently lead to choosing electrical engineering as the first step to venture in this niche. Other research interest include renewable energy technologies, energy storage system, wind energy and upcoming new technologies.
Prior project and presentations in solar energy along with the practical experience gained at Michigan Technological University about Hybrid Electric Vehicle fueled my interest to agglomerate these two technologies. This led to designing a unique system in the project "Integrating Standalone Battery with EV in a Residential application" which consisted of solar pv panels and hybrid electric vehicles to reduce the dependency on the grid due to high peak demand times and inadequate supply.
Relevant work[edit | edit source]
Projects[edit | edit source]
PWM based Single Phase Solar Inverter– team of 4
- Researched the history and current technology in solar inverters.
- Designed and implemented the hardware project after successfully testing the schematic and code on software's Proteus and MPLABx.
- Effectively managed resources, created project schedules and maintained the project cost within the budget.
Integrating Standalone Battery with EV in a Residential application
- Analyzed raw data and Performed complex calculations to design the ratings of the components used in the system (pv panel, batteries, household load).
- Reviewed and interpreted technical data of solar technology.
- Used MATLAB/Simulink to incorporate the system approach and run simulations tests to achieve the desired goal.
- Helped initiate a more organized and optimized system design to increase feasibility of the project.
- Designed an adaptable and flexible system of worth $42,518 with an impressive 13 years of return on investment period on the total worth.
Technological Advancements of Electrical Generators in Wind Power Generation
- Reviewed current challenges, design drawings, specifications and factors affecting cost for newly engineered wind generators.
- Incorporated proper management skills to meet deadlines of the project.
- Maintained open and effective communication with-in project team to increase productivity.
- Drafted and submitted possible Engineering Changes in the old and upcoming technologies in Wind Power.
Other Projects[edit | edit source]
- Control of electric machine in HEV Powertrain
- Optimizing the fuel economy of configurable HEV
Presentations[edit | edit source]
- Presented presentation on Solar Updraft Tower for the event Institution of Engineering and Technology Present Around The World 2014-2015 (IET PATW).
- Presented on the topic Upcoming Technologies for the event Students Awareness Contest 2013 organized by Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).
- Undergraduate Seminar on The Role of Aggregator in Gridable Vehicle under Assistant Professor J. P. Shah at K K Wagh Institute of Engineering Education and Research (Pune University) Nasik, India.
Software Knowledge/used[edit | edit source]
- Solar System Calculator 
- MATLAB and Simulink
- Microsoft Office
Hardware Knowledge/used[edit | edit source]
- Proficient in using power electronics lab equipment (CRO, Function generator, DMM etc ).
- Lab experience in electrical machines, power systems, material testing, power quality etc.
Professional memberships[edit | edit source]
- Former member of The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) 2015-2016.