Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
- Dalton Williams
- I am an undergraduate student at Humboldt State University majoring in Environmental Science with a minor in Business Administration and Geo-spatial Mapping and Analysis. I will be graduating May of 2017. I am also very active in our local community and own and operate my own business as well; Amplified Productions, mobile DJ services.
Interests in Appropriate Technology
- I am interested in learning effective installation of solar and wind technologies that will benefit individuals in the manner that is the most beneficial to them, at the lowest cost.
- I would like to learn how to create useful items from scrap materials that would traditionally be discarded as waste.
- I would like to learn alternative solutions to solve problems that I would not normally think about. (Building something or re-purposing, instead of purchasing new).
Experience in Appropriate Technology
- Fixing of worn out cloth objects by sewing them back to together, and determining the ideal string type for the repair.
- Creation of vertical gardens and weedless gardens by re purposing old pallets and weed cloth material. We made garden beds that were portable and produced large quantities of vegetables.
- Re purposed an old shipping container and converted it into a waterproof feed storage compartment with a sleeping area for a pig. We utilized scrap pieces of plywood to create the roof of the shelter.