About Me[edit | edit source]
- Cheyenna Rain Burrows
- Cheyenna is a student on her way to receiving a bachelor's degree in Environmental Science with an emphasis in Energy and Climate. After graduating from HSU she would like to volunteer through AmeriCorps and continue her education in the outdoors. Her ideal career would be traveling the world and designing sustainable energy systems to provide electricity and/or clean drinking water to developing communities.
- Outside of being a student, Cheyenna is a barista at Riptide Cafe and enjoys exploring nature on foot or bicycle. Her favorite (local) places to escape to is the Smith River, College Cove, Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park, and Lake Tahoe. Some hobbies of Cheyenna's is to decorate using up-cycled or antique pieces that she finds at thrift stores or garage sales. She also enjoys taking care of her indoor plants, making ceramics, going to live shows, and cooking.
Interests in Appropriate Technology[edit | edit source]
- Rainwater Catchment Systems
- Collaborating with persons to provide a system that fits their needs and aspirations for their home/community
Experience in Appropriate Technology[edit | edit source]
- Building garden beds
- Arranging plants to be both water tolerant and aesthetically pleasing.
- Observing and collecting data from photovoltaic and micro-hydro systems