We continue to develop resources related to the COVID-19 pandemic. See COVID-19 initiatives on Appropedia for more information.
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Skyler Austin Brown
- Aloha! I was born at Hilo Hospital on the Island of Hawai'i, on September 14th, 1996. I was also raised in Puna and Hilo on the Island of Hawai'i. I became an adult (legally) without ever having left the state of Hawai'i. My spirit animal is the Indigenous Hawaiian Hawk, or I'o. I appreciate taking a holistic approach in most scenarios and meanings of the word, and I strive for a specific brand of perfection (I am still working on) which I call my own. I wish to perpetuate sustainability and consciousness through my work, and my goals in life revolve around happiness and love for all, as well as helping save the planet.
Interests in Engineering
- To create sustainable systems which replace those destroying the planet.
- To create these systems as businesses and nonprofits that allow me to work outside of the corporatocracy.
- To provide for my family, immediate as well as extended to the limit of everything my care could possibly encompass, the world.
Experience in Engineering
- Two years living and working on a 500 acre semi-self sustaining cattle ranch on the Hamakua Coast of Hawai'i. This lifestyle provided me with experience in everything from building fences and cabins, taking care of horses, to helping construct a hydroelectric system which runs the farm.
- Three years of self learned auto mechanics experience which reached the point of a self sustaining job doing mobile auto mechanics for those who could not afford shop labor.
- Currently gaining experience while helping set up a legal cannabis farming operation in Mad River near Six Rivers National Forest.