Making homemade pest control solutions
Rocket Lorena Stove
Bacteria-rich liquid fertiliser
I always thought that an appropriate technology wiki would be a great idea if you could get it going......
I was lucky enough to spend a bit of time working in rural villages in Uganda a few years back, and I still have my notebook full of various farming methods and appropriate technologies that were passed to me during that time.
I will hope to add them to the wiki and pass on the information I was given.
Welcome (back), Cgfoz!
I saw you at Village Earth, and I'm glad to see you here. Didn't realize you were a veteran of 3rd world development. I'd love to chat; I have several hare-brained schemes to build connections with villages, and I'm looking for a dose of reality... Contact me at curtbeckmann, gmail if you prefer...
I think we're getting close to making an AT / Sustainable development wiki - well - sustainable! Your help is greatly valued! --CurtB 15:44, 6 January 2007 (PST)
- Yeah the wiki is looking great. Nice work!! Not sure "veteran" is the right word, I only spent a few months there.
- I'm always willing to discuss hair brained schemes, particularly development ones.. Im at cgfoz, yahoo --Cgfoz 15:53, 7 January 2007 (PST)
Great to see the flurry of activity![edit source]
I'm glad you're finding some time to help us clean house! We've got so much going on, guys like you are a gold mine! --CurtB 17:57, 31 January 2007 (PST)
Great work on the Agricultural Front of Appropedia[edit source]
Thank you for your continued valuable contributions. Just wanted to point out Neem A Tree for Solving Global Problems, and more specifically - Neem A Tree for Solving Global Problems 9, which I thought may be useful for the Organic Pesticides page.
Great work, --Lonny 01:58, 12 February 2007 (PST)
- Thanks, didn't see that page. Added. -- Cgfoz 16:51, 14 February 2007 (PST)
Import Rocket Lorena Pictures?[edit source]
Hi Cgfoz, Would you be okay with me importing your stove pictures from flickr? --CurtB 08:14, 10 March 2007 (PST)
- Hi Curt, yes you can, no problems. In fact I think I put a Creative commons licence on them so you can do what you want within that (e.g anything as long as you don't use them for commercial).-Cgfoz 15:03, 10 March 2007 (PST)
Your 2021 impact stats are right here![edit source]
Hi C! We thought you may want know that your top performing pages so far are:
- Organic pesticides (23 223 page views)
- Rocket Lorena Stove (13 934 page views)
- Making homemade pest control solutions (13 821 page views)
- Composting (9 109 page views)
- Fireless cookers (6 103 page views)
Overall, your impact has been of 79,679 page views, woozaa!
Also, your user page has received 440 visits! People are interested in knowing more about you, to tell the world what you've been up to.
Thanks for your contributions and for making Appropedia great, have a merry green Christmas!!