Name: Cory McGill
- I am from Placerville, a small mountain town on the western slope of the Sierra Nevadas. I came to Humboldt wanting to get into the environmental field and made my major engineering because it really interests me and contained all of the components I wanted out of my education.
Interests in Engineering[edit | edit source]
Experience in Engineering[edit | edit source]
My experience so far in engineering is very limited since I just graduated high school last year, but I was in a pioneer natural resources program in my high school for three years. Through this program we learned many sustainable practices and how to implement them. I have also taken and completed the intro to engineering class offered at Humboldt State and have done many projects based on electricity and renewable energies, wastewater treatment, water quality, and many others. Currently I am enrolled in engineering design and plan on taking many more engineering classes at Humboldt State.
Portfolio[edit | edit source]
- For my engineering 215 project, I was a part of the Builders of the Bay and designed the Sandy Cove Amphitheater. I included the first two sections of my document for my portfolio.
- This gantt chart shows an example of use of project planning software.
- This design is an example of use of auto cad software.
- This excel document is an example of excel proficiency.
- This is a sample memo I made in my engineering 115 course at Humboldt State University.