About Me[edit | edit source]
Name: Kalewalani Bancaco
I am from Kula, Hawaii on the island of Maui and attend college at the University of Nevada Las Vegas. My major is Entertainment Engineering and Design with a minor in Renewable Energy Engineering. I would ultimately like to design entertainment venues and products that are environmental friendly and energy efficient. This is why I chose to take "Introduction to Renewable Energy Engineering" this summer 2010 here in Bilbao, Spain.
Interests in Renewable Energy[edit | edit source]
- I want to gain a solid understanding of; 1. What are all the various natural resources that can be used for energy? and 2. How are they turned into energy we can use to support our daily lives?
- I would like to learn how to create the mechanisms used to convert and utilize this renewable energy.
- I'm excited to see exactly how Spain is getting 45% of its' energy from wind power and other renewable energies.
Experience in Renewable Energy[edit | edit source]
- I participated in the Tree Hugger's Club while I was in High School where I learned about many ways to reduce, reuse, and recycle.
- I volunteered at the annual Kokua Festival founded by Jack Johnson. This is a huge eco-friendly event dedicated to encouraging and raising awareness of environmental sustainability.