Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
- Amanda N Madden
- I am currently a student at Humboldt State University pursuing a degree in Environmental Science and Management in Energy and Climate. I am also an Applied Mathematics Minor
Interests in Appropriate Technology
- I am interested in learning the different appropriate technology mechanisms built in different parts of the world. Location, culture, language and resource accessibility are few of the many factors that play into determining how we as outsiders can help.
- I have recently taken an interest in vertical farming and how this can be a step to changing the way we think about traditional agriculture.
- I want to learn how to create an environmental building project from scratch.
Experience in Appropriate Technology
- I have developed a fundamental understanding in Thermodynamics; specifically refrigeration and hydro-power.
- I am also the Club Treasurer of Global Connections Club on campus. This club is a culturally based organization that focuses on spreading awareness about the importance of cultural integration in one's community. It is essential to have this type of understanding in order to implement appropriate technology. I have experience in hosting numerous cultural events on campus including the Center of International Program's Annual International Cultural Festival 2018. This has enabled me to build my communication skills.
- In addition to Climate Science I have a base understanding of renewable energy systems gained from the classes I have taken at HSU.