Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
|Alejandro Romero Herrera|
Daydreamer, Open-source advocate, passionate about living, creating and building a better world.
|Occupation||Research and Development Director in the Scientific Divison of Mexican Federal Police|
First Class Technological award from Mexican Federal PoliceAward for outstanding work on behalf of mexican's peace and safety
|https://github.com/alromh87/ , http://alexite05.blogspot.com/, https://www.thingiverse.com/alromh87/about, https://davehakkens.nl/community/members/alromh87/|
Love, happiness and knowledge, like all great things in life multiply when shared
Engineer in Electronics by the Monterrey Institute of Technology and Higher Education, about to get Master's Degree in Engineering Science by the Ibero-American University. Master's research was aimed at creating semi-autonomous indoor flying robots to capture 3D reconstructions of life-threatening indoor environments and display via immersive interfaces using web technologies.
Started working on network distributed systems while getting bachelor's degree, since then he has gattered lots of experience on web technologies, service oriented architectures, real-time communications, computer graphics, digital manufacturing and embedded systems.
Currently he leads a group of engineers to apply science and technology for public safety, ranging from Information Technology to Unmanned Aerial Vehicles. He particpates as Speaker in Technological forums where he talks about applying passion and talent for technology to Serve and Protect others, he also promotes opensource and solving global problems.
As an OpenSource advocate he has contributed to projects related to digital manufacturing, biometric identification, plastic waste recycling, PCB production, embedded linux and drones.
- Digital Manufacturing
- Augmented Reality
- Virtual Reality
- Public health technologies
- Green Energy
- Flying robots
- Geographic Information Systems
- CNC Machines (Prusa like 3D printer, Delta printer, Laser cutter, Plasma cutter, PCB creator)
- Semi-autonomous indoor flying robot for 3D reconstruction
- On field mobile biometric information system
- Realtime asset tracking solution
- Distributed Automated Fingerprint Identification System
Tools & Skills
Autodidact, team worker, eager to share with others.
- Firmware Hacking (Marlin, GRBL)
- Real Time Linux (LinuxCNC, Machinekit)
Network Distributed Systems
- System architect
- Web Sockets
- Web workers
- Server Technologies (PHP, NodeJS, CGI, Bash)
- Database Design/Administration (MySQL, PostgreSQL, OracleSQL, RethinkDB, SQLite)
- Frontend libraries(Mootools, jQuery, Vue.js, React.js)
- Responsive Web (CSS, Less.js)
- Mobile Apps (Android, JNI, ReactNative, Cordova, NativeScript)
- Scripting (Bash, Python)
- Realtime Linux (Debian/Ubuntu with Xenomai/RTAI/RT-PREEMPT)
- Autopilot compile & usage (PX4/Ardupilot)
- Communications and Ground Control Hacking (MAVProxy, QGC, Mission Planner)
- Mobile System for Detecting and Diagnosing Heart Diseases. In Proceedings of the IASTED International Conference (Vol. 663, No. 024, p. 74). 
- Intelligent Open-hardware ECG Platform for the Heart Patients Control and Diagnosis. In Proceedings of the 10th IASTED International Conference (Vol. 674, No. 144, p. 304). 
I feel deeply commited to use my passion and talent to improve other's lives, thats the reason I choosed my actual Job and I'm involved with Precious Plastic to promote plastic waste recycling.
I love to share knowlage and help people, right now I'm planning a trip to introduce digital manufacturing to a remote location school in Nepal.