I was a student at Anna University. I completed my four-year B.Eng. Mechanical Engineering program in August 2021.
Academic Background[edit | edit source]
My academic interests encompass CAD drafting of mechanical components, Computational Fluid Dynamic (CFD) analysis of segments of aircraft and launch vehicles, the role of Thermodynamics in day-to-day life, and integrating computer software like C++/Python with Mechanical Engineering.
Relevant Courses[edit | edit source]
- Basic Electrical, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- Electrical Drives and Controls
- Computer Aided Machine Drawing
- Computer Aided Design and Manufacturing
- 3D Printing
Academic Projects[edit | edit source]
1) Determination of Performance and Emission Characteristics of Dual Fuel CI Engine with Guide Vanes at Varied Angles using CFD Analysis[edit | edit source]
- The 3D models of the CI Engine, specifically the intake manifold and outlet of the runner, were designed using CATIA V5 and Fusion 360.
- The models were then further stripped down to just the parts that were necessary for the CFD Analysis in ANSYS Workbench.
- The models underwent Meshing and then the analysis was done on the models at various guide vane angles. This was done to determine at which angle the engine was the most efficient.
- After consolidating all the data and analyzing it, it was evident that the engine was the most efficient with fewer harmful emissions when the guide vanes were at an angle of 35 degrees.
2) Briquetting Machine[edit | edit source]
- With a team of two, designed the briquetting machine using CATIA V5 and imported the design to ANSYS Mechanical to inspect if our design was feasible.
- With the help of the people at the Powder Metallurgy Plant in Sundaram Fasteners, fabricated the Briquetting Machine with the model designed using CATIA V5.
Internships[edit | edit source]
1) Feature on Wing Flap to Enhance Aerodynamic Efficiency - Simulation Lab[edit | edit source]
- Part of the research team of Stage IV at Simulation Lab.
- Tasked with the CAD designing of the wings of the aircraft using Fusion 360, performing simulations on the wings at different angles of the wing flap using ANSYS Fluent, and collecting the values of the lift and drag forces, their coefficients and the efficiency.
- After consolidating the data of the entire team and analyzing it, the best angle of the lot was chosen and the next stage of the research (Stage V) begins.
2) Design and Fabrication of SPM - Ratnalekshmi Precision Tools Pvt. Ltd.[edit | edit source]
- Part of the lead designing team, we were tasked with design of Side Frame Milling SPM.
- Used SOLIDWORKS 2019 for design process.
- Trained in using that particular software as it was not taught in university.
- Once the design process was done, the above mentioned machine was manufactured using CNC lathe.
Work[edit | edit source]
1) Design Engineer - Indian Institute of Technology, Madras (IITM)[edit | edit source]
- Design and manufacture of components required by students or professors doing their PhD and aid them with their project or thesis respectively.
- Design software: SOLIDWORKS 2020
- Project completed so far: Design and Fabrication of Vertical Axis Wind Turbine
- Designed the frame, the blades and the generator assembly with gears using SOLIDWORKS. Fabricated the frame and blades in the CFF workshop in IITM. Manufactured ABS plastic spur gears using 3D printing for the generator set up.