Hello, I'm a Graduate Research Assistant in Materials Science and Engineering at Michigan Tech, majoring in Energy Materials and storage systems and with a minor in Microelectronic Materials. I worked as Senior research fellow in ARCI  for 2 years in the fields of Oxide Dispersion Strengthened steels for clad tubes and Lead-Free Copper alloys for camshafts and bushes. I am equipped with pre-professional experience in the fields of MEMS,NEMS and Shape Memory alloys.
Vision and Mission[edit | edit source]
I strongly believe that the true potential of knowledge lies not in arriving at a solution, but in making it viable. My main focus is to develop safe products and clean technologies which makes viable the coexistence of human race with elements of nature.
Research[edit | edit source]
Research Interests[edit | edit source]
- HEV Battery Systems
- Solar Energy and Photovoltaics
- Microelectronic Materials
Current Projects[edit | edit source]
- Thesis: My thesis work focuses on the manufacturing of Lithium Ion positive electrode material: xLiMO2.(1−x)Li2M′O3, where M is either Ni or Mn. The project aims to eliminate pricey multiple steps of solution based production of this alloy and to establish a cost effective and time saving complete thermal path way.
- Kirigami design approach to LCPV reflectors: The project aims to apply Kirigami design approach to Photovoltaic reflectors to increase efficiency.
Past Projects[edit | edit source]
- Developed Lead-free bronze bimetallic strips for cam shafts and bushes. Work involved designing of the alloy to the manufacturing of bimetallic strip with minimum porosity and mechanical properties compared of that of Leaded strips.
- Studied and established effect of prolonged milling time and thermal exposure on Yttria dispersoids and their effect on Micro-structure and mechanical properties of ODS 9Cr Ferritic/Martensitic steel powders and comparison with bulk.
- Determined Cyclic hardening in Microcrystals using 2.5D Dislocation Dynamics simulations to study the effect of dimensional constraints on fatigue failure analysis. The project aimed at effective application of Microcrystals as actuators undergoing heavy fatigue cycles during their functionality.
- Studied the effect of annealing times on the hardness and elastic modulus of DC Magnetron sputtered, Titanium rich NiTi thin films deposited on a silicon single crystal substrate studied using Nanoindentation and HRTEM.
Softwares & Hands-On Tools Used[edit | edit source]
- Characterization : Micro & Bulk Hardness Testing, Nano Indentation, Tensile testing, XRD
- Microscopy : SEM, HRTEM and Atomic Force Microscopy
- Softwares : C, Java, FORTRAN, Mathematica, MATLAB,Python, AutoCAD, CATIA, Ansys FLUENT,ThermoCALC, Prisma, Image Analysis
- Expertise in the operation of High Energy Ball Mill: ZOZ GmbH
- Hot Extrusion press
- Melt Spinning
- 4Hi Cold Rolling Mill
Certifications[edit | edit source]
Diploma in product design and analysis: AutoCAD, CATIA and Ansys
My Research Groups[edit | edit source]
Solar Photovoltaic Technology[edit | edit source]
- Dr. Joshua Pearce 
Masters Thesis Project[edit | edit source]
- Dr.Steve Hackney 
- George W. Castle
ARCI: Research Fellow[edit | edit source]
IIT Bombay:Intern[edit | edit source]
- Prof. P J Guruprasad 
DMRL: TRA-ERF Program[edit | edit source]
- Dr.S.V.Kamat 
Thesis : Designing of low-cost thermal way for Ni-rich Li-based layered NCM cathode material for Li-Ion Batteries [edit | edit source]
Literature Review[edit | edit source]
- Designing of low-cost thermal way for Ni-rich Li-based layered NCM cathode material for Li-Ion Batteries
Kirigami design approach to LCPV Reflectors[edit | edit source]
Literature Review[edit | edit source]
Plot of the project[edit | edit source]
Professional Affiliations[edit | edit source]
- Materials United
- Grad SWE
- Engineering Ambassdors
Contact me[edit | edit source]
- Mail : email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Linkedin