Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- My name is Alex Kato
- I am a chemistry major at Humboldt State University. The continuing exploration and development of Appropriate Technologies is something I consider very exciting and I am looking forward to working on the projects ahead in 305.
Interests in Appropriate Technologies
- Using our developed lands in ways that responsibly manage our resources is an essential factor as we face a growing population and changing climate. I am interested in looking at ways to use rooftops in productive ways, create and implement efficient solar units, and capture and reuse rain water.
Experience in Appropriate Technologies
- I built a makeshift aquaponic system in my parent's backyard. By using parts off of Craigslist and left around the garage, I was able to sprout California poppies and peppers and play host to a dozen goldfish and several water lilies.
Interest in Appropriate Technologies
- Solar power use and implementation
- Water conservation and recycling
- Water filtration