- My name is Anna Spitzer, and I am a student at Cal Poly Humboldt, California, studying Environmental Science and Management. My concentration is Environmental Education and Interpretation. In this program, we learn to become translators of hard science into engaging and relevant material for the general public. My goal is to foster bonds between people and nature, so they understand and appreciate it. Ideally, this leads to a desire to protect and conserve the environment.
Upon graduating in 2019, I hope to find an environmental education job locally where I can work daily on the beautiful redwood coast. In the future, I hope to travel and learn how others live in harmony with the land, and adopt those ideas to also live sustainably.
Interests[edit | edit source]
- My interests are centered around the environment, animals, and people. I enjoy doing at small-scale at home sustainability projects, including gardening and composting. I also try my best to purchase locally, shop second-hand, and avoid single-use plastics.
Experience[edit | edit source]
- Current Redwood Chapter of Environmental Educators and Interpreters Vice President
- Current Talk about Trees USFS Humboldt State Director
- 2018 Rural Youth Volunteers in India participant
- 2017 Friends of the Dunes Intern: Bay to Dunes field trip leader