Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Appropedia talk:To do
question: only access to this page is by typing it in the search box. Is this on purpose? shouldn't some way exist for contributors to get here and become aware of the todos?
Front door for contributors
Great point. Here were some of my reasons:
- I do not want to clutter the homepage with ways for people to contribute.
- I realize that this can probably be easily worked around, with just one link to a editors front page.
- Some tasks are impossible for a non sysop contributor, such as adding latex, changing automatic search boxes, namespaces etc.
- I am still learning to delegate and release.
That said - I think that we should change this. Do you have a suggestion or example? Maybe seperate the todo sections differently? --Lonny 01:32, 11 May 2006 (PDT)
Should we put the community portal in the navigation box and use that for community doable todos?
--Lonny 01:58, 11 May 2006 (PDT)
- Yes! :-) Always nice to check off a todo.
Is BOD "Board of Directors?" Is Appropedia incorporated? Just curious... 501c3 questions are popping into my head... --Curtbeckmann 19:23, 4 October 2006 (PDT)
- No, but we are amenable to incorporation. 501c3 will probably eventually be needed. Any movement you want to make on this would be appreciated, but maybe a little early. --Lonny 19:32, 4 October 2006 (PDT)
It has been pointed out "there's now an OpenID extension for MediaWiki that lets people log into one MW wiki with an account from another wiki. I think it'd be particularly useful for a meta-community site like WikiIndex. The software is available from http://svn.wikimedia.org/viewvc/mediawiki/trunk/extensions/OpenID/ in the MediaWiki subversion library..." comment posted at WikiIndex:WikiIndex talk:Community talk by Evan on 7 September 2006. Should we add this to the to-do list?
I know there has been talk of using a single-login across Wikimedia projects, but I don't know how closely related this is. --Singkong2005 (now known as Chriswaterguy) (now known as Chriswaterguy) · talk 22:07, 14 November 2006 (PST)
In tables, the term class="wikitable" can be useful to make predefined, standard tables. This appears not to be set up in Appropedia.
I'd suggest we go for a slightly different look to Wikipedia, in this as well as other page elements - just to give a slight sense of distinctness, and to help people register at least subconsciously that they are on Appropedia and not Wikipedia. --Singkong2005 (now known as Chriswaterguy) (now known as Chriswaterguy) · talk 05:56, 16 November 2006 (PST)
anything of use here?
seems to be old content, is there anything here still to action? Joeturner 00:21, 17 April 2013 (PDT)