Course-based language translation Initiative
Provisional steward: User:Curtbeckmann
Target launch date: June 15 (to engage instructors for the fall, we need to begin very soon)
Partners: (Organizations, institutions and/or high-profile individuals who can lend energy, resources, publicity and/or credibility to the effort.)
Talking points: (Make a note whenever a post, tweet, etc, is done on a particular talking point so that we can make sure that each point gets covered over time.)
Specific action requests: (Examples below.)
- Tell us about partners and projects we should be aware of by clicking (add link).
- Site notices asking for input and participation...
- Tell potential interns about the program
- Help us define policies related to the program
- Help design a program portal
- Apply for a three month stint as the "(InitiativeName) Steward" or one of the other volunteers.
Specific volunteer positions sought:
- Language tools volunteer (technical or semi-technical role): Identify the best tools and resources to aid translators. This includes a bookmarklet or right-click option to look up a word's translation.
Links to key pages:
- (placeholder for link to blog post that will announce the initiative. update this at launch time.)