Appropedia talk:Biofuel Content Initiative
I'm not sure that this is the right place for this?... but....
I'm a bit unsure about how best to structure this? I guess start by porting some of the content from these sites
....or work with the structure that already exists here at approprapedia
There are a number of things I think are important for a good biofuel implementation (I'm probably missing some stuff here) -
- understanding different biofuels - properties, production, handling and storage. Feedstock and methods of production. (and costs)
- understanding how different engines work - also costs, availability of parts, ease of servicing(local knowledge?)
- understanding how to modify (or produce?) engines to suit your chosen biofuel and situation. - also costs, availability of parts, ease of servicing(local knowledge?)
Following on from the discussion during MovementCamp I was wondering who is likely to be looking at the content and how can the content be structured to be of the most use? User:Darren
- Great stuff. The things I'd add as important factors (I'm sure you're aware - just filling out the list) are:
- Environmental impact
- Impact on food availability and prices (i.e. is it a crop grown in place of food crops, and if so, what kind of land does it grow on?)
- --Chriswaterguy 08:37, 14 October 2010 (UTC)
Easy porting from MediaWiki site[edit source]
Started porting some content from OBED. Is there an easier way to do this than copy and pasting each page??
- Hi Darren,
- I just realized that OBED is MediaWiki, so we can do it easily with http://wiki.obed.org.uk/index.php?title=Special:Export - an admin here can then import it.
- Maybe you could make a list of all pages you want ported, including files? Plain text, one per line, AND/OR list categories where all pages in a category are to be ported. Post it on a subpage or email me.
- Then I'll do the actual transfer, including editing the xml to adjust usernames (leaving yours as is, but making it clear that any other contributors were from the obed wiki, so their names in the history don't link to a different user account on Appropedia).
- Should be much less work. Thanks! --Chriswaterguy 08:37, 14 October 2010 (UTC)
- Update on this - the pages were all moved some time ago, but the files haven't been moved. Not sure how important they are. --Chriswaterguy 09:18, 26 August 2011 (PDT)
Biofuel Initiative people![edit source]
People who are interested so far, at this time in 2011:
- Shahid aka ShaMod
- Fabio Barone (I have his email). "Please keep me updated." Which gives me the thought - let's do an occasional update, maybe for the Appropedia blog.
- Chriswaterguy (more of a semi-technical support role, and helping to identify content which we can reuse)
--Chriswaterguy 09:18, 26 August 2011 (PDT)
- Darren I am still interested in supporting this in some fashion and will probably continue to do occasional (mini?) edits. However after 10 years of very intense research work on biofuels my life and interests are now mainly focused in other areas.
--Darren 04:10, 12 January 2012 (PST)